“Good things come to those who wait… greater things come to those who get off their ass and do anything to make it happen.” - Unknown

Sunday 6 July 2014

Brownie In A Mug!


Welcome wonderful blog readers!

I really wanted to blog today but I had no idea what to write about. I also really wanted cake and I was searching up how to make cakes from scratch and I found a recipe for a 'Brownie Mug'. I have watched some videos on YouTube on how to make them and am now going off to try and make one!

Recipe:

Put 2 tablespoons of melted butter/margarine in your favourite cup or mug. Then mix 2 tablespoons of water in. Add 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract  The recipe I followed said to put in a 'pinch' of salt but I found that a bit too much, so I just put tiny, little bit in the mixture. Mix again. Then add 2 tablespoons of plain flour, and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (I used Cadbury's hot chocolate mix) and 2 tablespoons of sugar (best to use brown but white will also work.) Then make sure everything is mixed well. Then put in the microwave for about 30 seconds and check the texture, if you want a more cakey texture, microwave for longer!

I'M BACKKKKKK!!!

I've just made my mug brownie and the results were................................................not very good! :(  I tried it twice! The first time, I put a 'pinch' of salt in the mixture and when I had microwaved the brownie, it tasted so awful and horrible and I had to spit it out! The second time I went wrong again, I forgot to put the vanilla extract in! Oops! So it didn't taste particularly great! It did look quite nice though! Also, I microwaved it for too long so it had more like a cupcake then a brownie like texture.

I did also film and take photos whilst doing this but my phone died halfway through so it would be useless adding them to the post! I will try it again one day and hopefully get it right and film it properly, although, it might take me a while!

Thank you for reading, you wonderful internet lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment